Some poses will show your shoes so don't forget to bring shoes & socks for each outfit that you plan to wear.
Busy patterns and loud colors can be very distracting in your portraits. Avoid large & bold patterns that might tend to draw attention away from your face.
Props can help to show your personality and record the types of activities you are involved in. Be sure to bring some of your own props to your portrait session. Here are some ideas:
• Musical Instrument
• Leather Jacket
• Sports Equipment
• Stuffed Animals
• Pets (check with the studio ahead of time)
Here are some final tips:
• Simplicity is the key to a successful portrait.
• Long sleeve dresses and shirts are recommended.
• Coordinate your outfit from head to toe.
• Darker clothes minimize body size.
• Keep the tonal range of clothing in the same group, don't mix lights & darks in the same outfit.
• To assure a successful portrait, it is best to bring along several additional clothing choices and let the photographer help you choose.
• Don't forget to bring your jewelry, especially your class ring.
• You should wear your hair in your regular style. Guys should NOT have a fresh haircut. If you need a trim, have it
done about a week before.
• Get a good night's rest, relax and be ready for a great portrait session!